Digital Mortgage Industry Research > December 2020 nesto-meter report
December 14th 2020 – presented by: Chase Belair, Co-Founder and Principal Broker at nesto
You can download the report below for easy browsing!
- With only 2 best rate changes in the whole month, mortgage rates seem to have gained in stability.
- For the first time since nesto’s inception, our best fixed rate was lower than our best variable, by .01%
- In November, refinances remained popular
- After remaining stable for months, both the targeted purchase price and the planned down payment dropped significantly in November
- In Quebec, a lot more of our users are now “just looking” instead of “ready to buy”
- Buyers are pre-approved for a bit less than they can actually afford as a result of calculating property taxes at default values based on a % of the property value as property value increases greatly outpace municipal tax updates.
Click below to download our December report!
Want to stay up to date?
Fill in your email info below to receive updates on our reports.