Digital Mortgage Industry Research > February 2021 nesto-meter report
February 2nd 2021 – presented by: Chase Belair, Co-Founder and Principal Broker at nesto
You can download the report below for easy browsing!
- In January 2021, fixed rates were the ones moving again, just like it was the case for most of 2020
- While our best insurable variable rate back in January 2020 was at 2.95%, it is now at 1.30%, a 1.65% difference!
- 60% of our nesto users were looking to buy a new property in January 2021, compared to 48% a year ago, in January 2020.
- In both QC and ON, 65-70% of our application requests for a new property were from users who just started looking versus found a property.
- In Ontario, the median purchase price was at 540 000$ in January 2021, a 50 000$ drop since November 2020
- Canadians renewing their mortgage in 2020 tend to turn their back on big banks, for the benefit of mortgage financing companies.
- 5% down payment is what most canadian borrowers decided to opt for in 2020, at almost 58%.
Click below to download our February report!
Want to stay up to date?
Fill in your email info below to receive updates on our reports.