Digital Mortgage Industry Research > March 2021 nesto-meter report
March 11th 2021 – presented by: Chase Belair, Co-Founder and Principal Broker at nesto
You can download the report below for easy browsing!
- Mortgage rates have changed a total of 67 times in the last 12 months, an average of 5.15 times a month.
- February 2021 only saw 2 best rate fluctuations in 28 days, which is 50% less than the same period last year.
- In February 2021, after decreasing for 8 months, fixed rates are going back up, while variable rates offers are going down.
- Refinance requests are showing an increase in February 2021, absorbing a portion of our new purchase volume, which is still high, representing 55% of our users intent.
- In terms of mortgage volume requests, we experienced a 148.2% increase from Jan to Feb 2021.
- While many of our users are still initially opting for the variable rate, a majority of them end up with a fixed rate after speaking to one of our advisors.
- Despite a momentarily increased interest for condos in Ontario, in December 2020, our Canadian users still show a much bigger interest for houses, in February 2021.
Click below to download our March report!
Want to stay up to date?
Fill in your email info below to receive updates on our reports.