Digital Mortgage Industry Research > October 2020 nesto-meter report
October 14th 2020 – presented by: Chase Belair, Co-Founder and Principal Broker at nesto
You can download the report below for easy browsing!
- Overall, with only 4 rate changes per month for both August and September 2020, lenders have landed on their desired spread between cost of funds and profit margins.
- In September 2020, for the fourth month in a row, mortgage rates decreased, reaching record-lows once again.
- Fixed and variable rates for the same category (insured or insurable) are trending closer and closer to each other every month, with only a 0.04% difference between them today.
- In September 2020, there is much more interest in purchase than renewal amongst our users.
- In September 2020, nesto users target houses instead of condos for their next property.
- Remote work, economic uncertainty and people returning to the market have a major impact on approval delays in Quebec.
Click below to download our October report!
Want to stay up to date?
Fill in your email info below to receive updates on our reports.