October 2021 nesto-meter Report
October 6th 2021 – presented by: Chase Belair, Co-Founder and Principal Broker at nesto
You can download the report below for easy browsing!
- For the first time since March 2021, more users have opted for variable vs fixed rate
- Limited number of lenders passing variable interest rate savings to consumers
- Condition-free purchase offers may no longer be the norm according to the median down payment data.
- No changes to refinance interest despite record low equity takeout rates and improved turnaround times.
- Reduced real estate activity is unlikely to impact prices significantly as growing segment of qualified and would-be home owners remain on the sideline with high interest, but less urgency to act than one year prior
- August 2021 saw no movement to best rates at nesto while September 2021 prompted two changes