Digital Mortgage Industry Research > September 2020 nesto-meter report
September 22nd 2020 – presented by: Chase Belair, Co-Founder and Principal Broker at nesto
You can download the report below for easy browsing!
- August 2020 was the steadiest month for rate volatility since the beginning of the pandemic, with only 4 “best rate” changes compared to 14 in April 2020.
- For the first time this year, in August 2020, our best variable rates changed more often than our best fixed rates.
- August saw the trend of median home price and down payment continue upwards, with the median home price now back to February’s high and the down payment hitting 20% of the total purchase price!
- Early mortgage renewals, where the clients pay a penalty to exit their current contract, have continued to climb in 2020, especially in the month of August.
- August 2020 shows a decrease in long term planned purchases, with a maximum of target date of about 120 days.
Click below to download our September report!
Want to stay up to date?
Fill in your email info below to receive updates on our reports.